Looking For A Post-Judgment Modification After A Divorce Or Child Custody Order?

Is there a reason to petition a family law court to change your court order after a divorce or after a child custody order is already on the books? In fact, the term "final" does not always apply in the case of a final divorce decree or child custody (child possession) order.

Life circumstances often change over time. A promotion, a job loss, a proposed move out of town or out of state, or remarriage are all examples of changes that can lead a family law court to approve a modification to an existing court order for:

  • Custody
  • Visitation
  • Child support
  • Spousal support

I Can Help You Petition For A Post-Judgment Modification Or Negotiate Terms

Are you looking for an attorney to advise and help you obtain or challenge a proposed modification to a court order in a family law matter? I am family law attorney Gary Knapp of McKinney, representing clients throughout Collin County and the North Dallas area. I can help determine whether you have cause to petition a family law court for a modification of a court order. If another person has filed such a petition and you disagree, I can help you contest the proposed modification.

What Is Right? And What Are Your Rights? Protect Your Rights With An Experienced Lawyer's Help

Beware of informal discussions with your ex-spouse regarding proposed changes to spousal support, child custody or visitation, or child support. For your sake, talk to an attorney about your rights and learn what a family law judge will likely say about a post-judgment modification under discussion. You are naturally concerned if your parenting time is likely to be affected when the other parent requests a custody modification, for example.

Explore Your Options And Get The Answers And Help You Need

Whatever your unique circumstances, you are welcome to contact me, Texas family law attorney Gary Knapp, by calling 214-717-6445 or sending an email inquiry through this website.